From a purely factual & scientific perspective
Psychpathy is a personality disorder. It doesn’t appear as a formal diagnosis in the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) but it is closely associated with antisocial personality disorder or dissocial personality disorder. Here are some of the characteristics.
- superficial charm
- grandiose sense of self-worth
- pathological lying
- lack of remorse
- emotional shallowness,
- lack of empathy
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOCIOPATH AND PSYCHOPATH
Sociopaths and psychopaths have many characteristics in common but one key difference is that sociopaths may form emotional bonds between people, while psychopaths are unable to. It’s is believed that psychopathy is the result of genetics and faulty wiring in the brain while for sociopaths it is a result of a traumatic childhood and their environment.
FAULTY BRAIN WIRING
Research from Georgetown University hints that the brain of a psychopath has a smaller and thinner amygdala, the part of the brain that recognizes fear. This may explain why they aren’t afraid and can’t exhibit fear.
Research from Vanderbilt University has shown psychopaths tend to generate a lot more dopamine. In addition Dr. Kent Kiehl of the University of New Mexico believes in may be a disorder in the paralimbic system of the brain, a system known to be involved in emotion, inhibition and emotional control.
There isn’t much research funding behind this.
THE POPULAR STIGMA
While yes, many psychopaths have killed, murdered and raped, it’s definitly possible for someone with this disorder to lead a completely normal life and even be successful.
Take neuroscientist James Fallon, for example who discovered he had a similar brains scan to that of a psychopath and after going through a series of genetic tests, it was confirmed.
James never hurt anyone, he does admit he can be a little bit of a jerk sometimes such as not letting his grandchildren win at games, but he is far from dangerous.
He believes it’s because of his environment, he has a loving home. His parents loved, protected and gave him a lot of attention.
WHERE DO YOU FIT
Here’s a post that will lead you to a link of where you fit on the psychopath spectrum
I got 76% in the psychopathic spectrum.
This belongs here. Enjoy.
Some horror films I’m looking forward to!
Wait these are all real horror films coming up?!
*delighted shrieks of simultaneous joy and terror*
~Persephone (I knew about Horns, I’ve seen photos of Dan from filming, but the others, holy shit, yes please!!!!!)
OH MY FUCKING GOD HORNS IS BEING MADE INTO A MOVIE?! THE BOOK BY JOE HILL?! MOTHERFUCKER WHERE DO I GET TICKETS.
Here’s the IMDB page for it:
I think it was supposed to come out last year, but it seems to be in production hell right now. According to the wikipedia page, it’s due out on Halloween this year, though.
I know I should put this off until I’m not already in a bad fucking mood, but it was brought to my attention, and I have say a few things about this steaming pile of shit, so fuck it.
Onision just uploaded a video on his speaks channel titled “We’re Fake & Are Using You (Why…
Vampire Hunter Kits
Usually the contents of the kit would be contained in a chest-like box with various compartments. Each kit consisted of the typical anti-vampire tools. Today these vintage vampire slaying kits are being sold for more than six-thousand pounds.
The syringe was used to inject the vampires with liquid garlic or one of the many potions and serums included in the kit.
The wooden hammer included in the kits was used to drive the stakes into the vampires. Some hammers had a crucifix embedded into the head. Roughly six to seven inches long (depending on the kit), the hammer was a vital tool for slaying.
The garlic came in a variety of different consistencies and was often referred to as “Usturoi”. Either whole cloves, powder, or liquid, depending on the kit. The cloves were most likely worn by the slayer for protection. The powder was used as a mace-like substance, intended for blinding or disorienting the vampire. The liquid could be put into a syringe and injected into the vampire’s blood stream.
The stakes were driven into the hearts of the vampires. Often vampire slaying would consist of digging up the grave of the alleged vampire and driving a stake through the corpse, pinning it to the ground. Some stakes were shaped as crosses, having a crucifix attached to the top and a point at the bottom. Others were cylindrical shaped with a point at one end and the symbol of the cross etched into the top.
Prayer Book and Bible
Mostly used for protecting the slayer, they were also used for performing exorcisms on vampires or demons.
The symbol of god was the slayer’s most useful tool. Often attached to a chain for ease of access, the crucifix was used mostly during prayer and exorcisms. The crucifix was usually made out of silver. This material was believed to be a extremely potent and unfavorable for the vampire.
Weapons and Ammunition
Each kit contained ranged and hand-to-hand weapons to battle the beasts.
Knives and Daggers
Various knives were included in different kits. Some were used for throwing while others were specifically used for close combat.
Revolvers and Bullets
Revolvers in the kits came with gunpowder and silver bullets. The silver in the bullets was believed to be what actually harmed the vampire.
Crossbow and Bolts
Crossbows were another useful ranged tool. The bolt’s tip was also made of silver.
Bottled Vampire Repellents
The kits also included a variety of different oils, ointments and other holy substances.
Also known as holy soil, pamant was used for ceremonial purposes. Like holy water, it was the blessing of the soil which gave it the holy title. Pamant was either placed on the grave or body of the accused vampire.
Agheazma, better known as Holy Water, was also used in ceremonies. Either sprinkled on the slayer for protective purposes or used to harm the alleged vampire.
Mir is more well known for its reputation of being one of the three gifts given to the son of god. It was an anointing oil which would be placed on either the slayer or vampire.
Tamaie was holy incense. The distinct smell given off by the object was used in ceremony, whether it be used for protection or to ward off the evil spirit which lay in the vampire’s body.
Used for ceremonies like exorcisms, prayers, and seeing in the dark.
Metal Teeth Pliers
The metal teeth pliers were used to remove the fangs of vampires. Also known as the Dentol, this tool was between 5-8 inches long were basically a pair of metal pliers.
I want to make one…
- MOST HORRIFIC EVP EVER RECORDED: In January 2007, the Central New York Ghost Hunters investigated an old hotel in upstate New York. According to them it was the most active ghost hunt. After they investigated the tape they discovered some startling material: the voices of men and women not present as well as a women being attack. There’s a lot more information, just click on the link and listen.
- AUDITORY HALLUCINATIONS: It was designed to provide the listener with some understanding of what it might be like to experience auditory hallucinations. Content in this presentation is based on things clients told a mental health outreach worker.
- JONESTOWN DEATH TAPE: An audio recording made on November 18, 1978, at the Peoples Temple compound in Jonestown, Guyana immediately preceding and during the mass suicide and murder of over 900 members of the cult.
- THE INTERROGATION CHAMBER 3D AUDIO: A 3D audio is one in which it feels like it’s happening RIGHT in front of you. This is an audio recording that contains violent material of a rough interrogation.
- THE ORIGINAL NIGHT STALKER: The Original Night Stalker is the name given to an unidentified serial killer and rapist who murdered at least ten people in Southern California from 1979 through 1986. This is a recording on one of the victim’s answering machine.
- SOUNDS OF SPACE: Space maybe mostly empty but boy it creates some horrific sounds.
- MOCK ACTIVATION OF A NUCLEAR ATTACK: So this is what the end of the world sounds like
- THE BLOOP: A mysterious sound from the bottom of the deep ocean. Some say it was gigantic sea creature but scientists speculate it was a large iceberg scraping the ocean floor.
- OPERATION WANDERING SOUL: Also known as “Ghost Tape Number 10” was an audio mix the US military used for psychological operations in the Vietnam War against the North Vietnamese. It played deeply on the Vietnamese belief of ancestor worship, spirits and the afterlife.
- RED FOX SOUNDS: What did the fox say? Something I don’t want to hear in the middle of the night.
BONUS: This has been going around tumblr, but if you haven’t already, listen to the Spongebob Squarepants theme song slowed down by over 800%
I love onisions videos I mean sometimes I’m like wow he is a total douche and then I’m like he is hilarious and how could you hate that beautiful face of his
That picture was taken when I was 23… I’m 28 now, and I think I got better at selfies… what do you think?:
Nah, your just better are using filters/lighting and photoshop
1. To have a good relationship, focus on being best friends first, then romantic partners second.
2. You can “rewire” your brain to be happy by simply recalling 3 things you’re grateful for every day for 21 days.
3. If the asphalt is too hot for your hand, it’s too hot for your dog’s paws.
4. Having plants in your office can help you think more clearly and recall more information due to our brains benefit from exposure to nature.
5. If your boyfriend or girlfriend wrongs you don’t tell your parents about it. You might forgive them, but your parents won’t